Re: Topband: beverage antennas

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: beverage antennas
From: Matt <vk2dag@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 22:22:17 +1100

>Hi all.. Iam getting ready to put up a bunch of beverage antennas..
>I was told that I could use electric fence wire for them.. any
>suggestions on this?
>
>73,
>Fred N2FJ

Me three!  I use 1.6mm electric fence wire for both of my 190m long
bi-directional beverages.  I made them into 400 ohm line with spacers
made out of poly pipe, sliced down the middle, drilled 4 holes and
nicked the holes with a knife. Very cheap.  The hard part was
installing them.  Took me 4 full days to get 'em done.  Just magic
what I can hear now on 160, 80 and 40m  Even used them on 136 KHz.

Also when you grab your rolls of wire get your wire stand offs while
you are there.

Matt.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK