Re: Topband: weather proof enclosures

To: <w2sh@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: weather proof enclosures
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 09:49:08 -0500
Charles, W2SH, said:
<snip>
The biggest I found measures 12" x 12" x 6" and that will be used to neatly
contain my DX Engineering radial connection plate and a vacuum variable
capacitor.   I have yet to work out exactly how I will bring the coax feedline
and the 12 and 14-gauge radial wires (numbering 55, worth 1.25 miles, so far)
through the box's walls
<end>

Charles,
I wouldn't bother mounting the radial plate inside the box. I'd mount it on
stand-offs to the back side,(maybe long 1/4 x 20 stainless bolts with extra
nuts to clamp the plate) and then just run one large gauge wire into the box
and other components. Fewer penetrations to seal up and less crowding inside.
Just my $.02 worth.

73
K9WN  Jake
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK