Topband: Thoughts and advice please

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Thoughts and advice please
From: Kev Haworth <m0tnx@btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:04:33 +0100 (BST)
Hi All..

New to the reflector, so please be gentle on me!

In May this year, I activated EU120, Hilbre Island. on bands 40-17m as GB2HI

I now have the opportunity to re-visit Hilbre in late October and would welcome
advice on the following please.

1) Has Hilbre Island, EU120 ever been activated (to your knowledge )on Top Band?

2)  Would you prefer CW or SSB? I am a keen CW op, but struggle receiving  in a
pile up, I hope to be able to provide both modes though

3) Would an activation on this Island and this band interest you?

I'd  welcome any advice offered, as Top Band has become one of my main
interests in Amateur Radio. The activation would be with an inverted L,  Full
legal

UK power, but due to space constraints and time  available, receiving antennas
would be a no go, unless incredibly simple and fast to erect/take down.

Kev, M0TNX

(m0tnx at btopenworld dot com)
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK