Re: Topband: Fence "ground screen" instead of wire radials?

To: Brian Machesney <nekvtster@gmail.com>, 'TopBand' <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fence "ground screen" instead of wire radials?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 15:31:41 -0700
On 9/2/2011 6:06 PM, Brian Machesney wrote:
> Thanks to NI0C for reminding me that this info was presented by NC0B

When I lived in a Chicago neighborhood, I had a big wrought iron fence
around the front of my lot, and used it as a counterpoise for a 160M Tee
quasi-vertical (my 80/40 dipole fed with twin lead, both sides tied
together and fed against that fence).  It worked.  Not as good as a good
radial system, but much better than nothing.  There are still photos on
my website if you poke around long enough.

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK