Re: Topband: Termination resistor for 160-80- Pennant antenna (Receive o

To: Top Band List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Termination resistor for 160-80- Pennant antenna (Receive only)
From: wb6rse1@mac.com
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 15:09:33 -0700
On Sep 5, 2011, at 9:50 AM, allan1@dejazzd.com wrote:

The 160-80 pennant antenna calls for a 900 ohm termination resistor.  Since 900
is not a standard resistor value, what is the best way to accomplish this?  Not
enough room for a beverage at this qth!

Thanks

Allan W2TN
________

The K6SE design I use for my 29 ft x 14 ft flag, calls for 950 ohms. The
dimensions of the flag were optimized for both 160 and 80.  I used two 470 ohm
2 watt 5% metal oxide resistors in series. I get 30dB F/B when checked against
local BC stations. The flag works very well on a rotator on my roof about 22 ft
high.

GL - Steve WB6RSE
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK