Re: Topband: Receiving +1

To: hodgson@cytanet.com.cy, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Receiving +1
From: "Petr Ourednik" <indians@xsmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:51:45 +0200
Steve,

as I have also post stam lot for antennas available I tried various
antennas.
I have to say most of them does not work! Mainly because of strong
coupling
between RX and TX antennas on my small lot.
After several years I found that as still effective is W2PM Mini
Diammond loop
or K9FD loop (or similar design) + Half sloper or inverted L antenna
with decent
radials system both on 160m band. You will not be Topband big gun but
You will be
on the air and even during good condx and serious antenna on the second
side You will
be able to work sometime DXs.

My 2cents aid if it help,

73 - Petr, OK1RP
---
http://topband.blog.cz

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:22:36 +0300, hodgson@cytanet.com.cy said:
> As I do not have space for a decent receiving
> antenna, what is the consensus of opinion on
> say txing on 160 and rxing on another band,
> what would such a Qso count as ?
>

> 73 Steve, ZC4Li.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK