Re: Topband: Beverage Transformer?

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Transformer?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 01:11:14 -0500
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 8:38 AM, ZR <zr@jeremy.mv.com> wrote:

> Ive been using BN73-202 cores on 2 wire reversible Beverages in the
> 500-900' range. They work fine down to 150KHz with surprisingly good
> directivity on the LF BC stations as well as NDB's ...  performance is good
> thru 30M.
> Even 20 shows directivity ...

This is precisely my observation, using those same cores on my 580'
bi-directional Beverage antenna transformers. 73 material works very well
indeed from 150 kHz to 30 MHz.

Rarely, my Beverages even are superior for receiving on 15 meters. On 40
meters--where I've been operating this summer--they beat my elevated 1/4λ
vertical hands-down 99% of the time.

73 Mike
www.w0btu.com
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK