Re: Topband: Phased Vertical Dipoles

To: Rich Chatelain <rich_k7zv@gphilltop.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Phased Vertical Dipoles
From: Dan Edward Dba East edwards <dan.n.edwards@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:09:00 -0700 (PDT)
rich

 while it was not a driven array, we tried a parasitic one. we had 3 1/2 wave
slopers up at w5wmu...the guy wires on the 200' tower were NOT broken up,
though, so, i hung the dipoles 1/2 way between the guys..cut the feedlines like
the old K1THQ 5 sloper system from yesteryear......worked fair...directivity
pretty 'ho hum'.. seemed fair on Tx....like Victor N8OO / UH8EA said..." is not
4 square..." hi

we're down to a single sloper now, though, on europe...the 5/5/5/5 for 20m
got priority...

FWIW, 73, w5xz, dan