Topband: Radials help

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Radials help
From: Buzz Jehle <buzz@logi.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 20:49:57 +0000
Installing 80 and 160 verticals and was going to use 14 gauge uninsulated solid
copper wire for radials.  Little dirt here, mostly limestone and caliche. Is
there any reason to use insulated wire?  No one seems to sell bare wire anymore
(Lowes, Home Depot), but it would hide better than colored insulated wire.  I
have lots of deer, squirrels, porcupines, possums, skunks, but no hogs.  Half
the radials will cross the caliche driveway.  We have only had 3" of rain all
year, so the ground is essentially cement. Radials will just be laying on top
held in by steel staples.  Grass may cover in years to come! Was going to start
with 16 1/4 wave 160 meter radials.

Any ideas, suggestions on where to buy radial wire or how to install greatly
appreciated off reflector.

Thanks Buzz N5UR Bandera Texas, Cowboy Capital of the World
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK