Re: Topband: Location of beverage close to 60 ft hill

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Location of beverage close to 60 ft hill
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:57:51 +0000 (UTC)

Tom,

  I only have about 491 ft of window line and thats what I am using for the two

direction beverage. Placement is in part dictated by the hill but mostly the
rationalle

for the 300 or so feet from the inverted L is that it has a lot of noise.  It
is terrible actually

much of which is due to the McMansions they built in the farmers field next to
me.. UGH!

I didnt realize how good I had it. .. you know the ones.. they have several
large screen

plasma TVs and loud parties during football, baseball, hockey and basketball
season.

Geeze thats just about all year of interference.

ANyhow over the last 5 years it has gotten progressively worse.  I dont want to
take a chance

on ANY noise being picked up on the beverage and I thought that the hill would
be a nice

natural barrier and it just happens to be about 300 ft away.

Hummmmm  I wonder .. leme see can I paint a target on the side of their houses
and call in a

JDAM strike to get rid of the noise.. OHH NO cant .. sorry thinking out loud
again.

Seriously.. it is all about mitigating as much noise as possible.

Thanks to all of those that responded with encouragement during this effort.

Jim WA3MEJ

Message: 1