Topband: Bog wire

To: "Terry Conboy" <n6ry@arrl.net>
Subject: Topband: Bog wire
From: "Bill Wichers" <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:50:05 -0500
I am curious why you specify "#18 Teflon" wire for the BOG wire you list
about 1/2 way down the page. Black polyethylene insulated wire would
hold up a lot better over time and would be far cheaper, so I'm curious
if there is some specific reason you would specify Teflon? The only
thing I can think of here is the velocity factor, which is only differs
from polyethylene about 4-5% and I wouldn't think would make much
difference with an on-ground wire anyway...

  -Bill

> See http://www.w0uce.net/K2AVantennas.html
[snip]
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK