Topband: Hi Z antenna coupling

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Hi Z antenna coupling
From: w7dra@juno.com
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:39:05 -0800
being radially impoverished, i have gravitated to high impedance feed
antennas, the one at present is a tree mounted "120 up 130 over".

i have installed three wall switches to be able to choose (one or all) of
two differently configured 5/16 counter poises, and connecting my link
coupled tuner tank bottom to  the transmitter coax feed.

now i have the option of working someone ( if the someone is patient) and
getting a signal report comparing the tuner tank coupling options

i remember our mathematician ron murata talking about the magic "37" as
the number of random events needed for some sort of statistical
confidence

(was too busy thinking about ham radio or girls to remember exactly what
he said)

so with a sampling of 10 we shall make a comparison......

mike w7dra
Invest in Gold Today
Diversify your investment portfolio with Gold and Silver. Get a Free Investor
Kit.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4ec957b4c5a9a29ed13st03vuc
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK