Re: Topband: Flags (terminated receiving loops), Noise Cancelors and cit

To: <kd6nrp@earthlink.net>, <mkve7ca@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Flags (terminated receiving loops), Noise Cancelors and city dwelling
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:52:06 -0700
Brian:  look at this antenna -
http://www.iw5edi.com/ham-radio/?a-160-meter-antenna-for-small-lot,105

I used that baby for two years, operating in the CQ and ARRL 160 contests here
in s/w Utah.  In one of the CQ 160 contests I operated as a QRP entry and ended
up with 220 QSOs, a couple of JAs! I strung out about six counterpoise wires
from 50 to 75 feet and I had that vertical wire tied to a 28' Jacktite pole
some 50 feet away from that coil base. Used 2" PVC for the coil form and ended
up with about 4.5 feet of wire coiled up on that 2" PVC at a 1/4" spacing.

That little antenna is a winner - might work for ya!

72, Jim Rodenkirch, K9JWV

> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:53:56 -0800
> From: kd6nrp@earthlink.net
> To: mkve7ca@gmail.com; topband@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: Topband: Flags (terminated receiving loops), Noise Cancelors and
> city dwelling
>
> Hi Markus:
>
> Thanks for sharing.
>
> I live in the suburbs and have a 50 x 50 foot backyard and need to keep my
> antenna low to the ground so it is not visible from the street. This means I
> have a 50 x 50 x 12 foot volume for a low profile antenna.
>
> Using a 80m horizontal doublet and other compromise antennas from my small
> yard, I have still done surprisingly well (by my standards). Thus far I have
> logged well over 100 different 160m stations including Alaska, Hawaii,
> Michigan, and Louisiana.
>
> 73
>
> Brian, KD6NRP

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK