Re: Topband: experimenting with inverted L

To: james soto <kp2bh@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: experimenting with inverted L
From: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:48:45 -0700
The radiation resistance of your antenna is 12 ohms.

The 1.5:1 VSWR tells us the base resistance is either 33 or 75 ohms. The
ground loss resistance is either 21 or 63 ohms. The radiation efficiency is
either 36 or 16 percent.

The low VSWR over the band (1.8 to 2 MHz?) points to the base resistance
being 75 ohms.

Dave WX7G
On Nov 30, 2011 1:28 PM, "james soto" <kp2bh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello friends,I am experimenting with an inverted L for 160. the antenna
> is about 132 ft long with about 45 to 50 ft vertical and the rest
> horizontal.i have about 4 radials connected direct to the antenna and one
> wire connecting to other radials that use to belong to another vertical
> antenna not in use now. at this time i have work south ,central and north
> america but i have not work any europeans as yet. the wsr is pretty ok 1.5
> across the band . i disconnect the ground from the antenna and i don see
> any difference in swr at all. my question is do leaving the ground wire
> disconnected from the ground rod improve the reception? any ideas are
> wellcome.
>
> ps i also have a 1/2 wave dipole for 160 at 60 ft high and running in all
> kind of shapes ( no space for long antennas) and my reception is better
> with the inverted L.
>
> thanks and 73's
>
> de kp2bh   /   kp2dx  jimmy

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK