Topband: raingutter antenna for ARRL 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: raingutter antenna for ARRL 160
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 19:52:43 +0000
Bill's post prompted me to relate this "antenna" I used last evening in the
ARRL 160. I attached a wire to the bottom of the raingutter on our single level
duplex and fed it againstground with two radials get on for the 'test. The
gutter is probably around 100 ft total lengthand maximum height 12 feet around
the duplex. Live in a C C & R neighborhood with no trees near. The gutter was
very noisy on receive but seemed to get out. SWR was low and didn't need the
tuner. Made one contact, then 5, 10, 15...By 1 am almost 100 Qs in the log
running 100 watts. Most contacts were within a few hundred miles,but some out
to New York, Maryland, VE5 and even ZF2AH. Heard PJ2T. Not an antenna I would
choose if alternatives, but was able to hand out some contacts.  - Jon N0JK  KS
 > From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
> Subject: Topband: Great antenna adventure with Murphy
> To: topband@contesting.com
>
> Whew!
>
> Day three of my great antenna adventure. This is my third QTH to use
> this 135 foot end fed wire.> Bill  KU8H

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK