Re: Topband: Top band conditions suring ARRL 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Top band conditions suring ARRL 160
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 19:05:54 -1000
> On 12/3/2011 7:09 PM, Hardy Landskov wrote:
>
>> he reason there are not
>> more stations outside of US participate is that this contest turns out to be
>> an ARRL 160 Sweepstakes at least this is my opinion from the Westcoast.
>>
> Yes.As a protest of scoring rules that make it an "east coast works
> Europe and ignores everyone else" contest, I'm putting in a few hours
> running QRP so I'm working only the west coast guys. I'll be on full
> time for the Stew Perry.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

Not that it makes a fart in a windstorm worth of difference to the
ARRL,  but I have done the same,
I gave a few contacts to west coast stations and will not participate in
the contest.
Another reason is the amount of deaf stations that seem to be on the
band for this one.  The ratio
of S9 plus signals that cannot copy someone calling is at all time highs.
Stew is the contest for 160.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK