Re: Topband: T-200 vs. T-300

To: ZR <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: T-200 vs. T-300
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 23:43:20 -0500
#2 powdered iron at mu of 10 is the lowest mu of the powdered iron types
listed with a frequency range that covers 160 meters (in some lists #2 is
2-30).  You can rest assured Jerry Sevick had the list below. In his 160
meter comparison with #2 material, he tested 1,3,15 and 26. Number 6 really
doesn't work under 10 MHz, as specified in other lists.  It's a "replaced"
mix that has had problems.  Here's a composite list of powdered iron
materials from various incomplete sources.

0 Mix (Tan) 100-300 MHz   u=1
1 Mix (Blue) 0.5-5 Mhz u=20
*2 Mix* (Red) 1-30 MHz, high volume resist. u=10 [Alt list 2-30 Mhz]
3 Mix  (Gray) .05-.5 MHz, u=35
*6 Mix* (Yellow) 1-50 MHz, similar to mix #2. u=8 [alt list 10-50 MHz, alt
list use #8]
7 Mix   3-35 MHz, u=9 small cores only
*8 Mix *(Yellow / Red) 1-50 MHz, replaces 6 mix. u=35
10 Mix   30-100 MHz, u=6
12 Mix   50-200 MHz, u=4
15 Mix   0.1-2 MHz, u=25
*17 Mix* (Blue/Yellow) 50-200 MHz, good Q. u=3 [alt list u=4]
*18 Mix* (Green/Red) u=55, Low Core Loss, Similar to 8 Mix
*26 Mix* (Yellow/White) DC-800 KHz, great 60 Hz.
EMI range. Line 'em up on speakers / AC wires u=75
*40 Mix* (Green/Yellow) Power conversion similar to mix 26
*52 Mix* (Green/Blue) DC-1 MHz, high perm. u=75

73, Guy.