Re: Topband: Anti-Corona Paint

To: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Anti-Corona Paint
From: Pete Ferrand <petef@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 09:23:44 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Surprised no one else said this, so I will. I believe the original question was
on automotive shop solutions. I had a problem with arcing in the high voltage
switch of a Henry 2K amplifier and thought - who in town deals with high
voltage? That led me to visit an auto parts place. I was provided with a
product called silicone dielectric compound (non-conductive) not real expensive
and came in a tube. It worked perfectly daubed on the switch. They actually
claimed it reduces rfi on a Ford electronic ignition rotor, which I never had
the chance to try.

That was 20 years ago, and the amp is still working with no arcing, so it must
work!

Merry Christmas one and all.

-Pete
WB2QLL