Topband: 1820 BCB + My Problem Partially Solved

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 1820 BCB + My Problem Partially Solved
From: Charles Otnott <wd5bjt@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 12:50:28 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
May I suggest that those who had their BCB problem
reduced or eliminated by the engineering staff at
the various stations do one thing. Send the station
a letter thanking the management and staff for their
fast action to correct the problem.

This results in several good things:
   a. The BC station gets a good feeling from the
public. Good public relations means $$$ to management.
   b. Your letter goes into their public access
file that the FCC also reviews during license renewal
time.
   c. The management and engineering staff do not
look at ham radio as the "evil opposition", but a
partner who is willing to work with them.
   d. Working with the BC station keeps them out of
trouble with the FCC when they have an engineering
problem.

73 & Best DX

Charlie
WD5BJT

See September 2006 CQ Magazine for a published work.
www.qsl.net/wd5bjt

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com