Topband: 160 Lastnight 0400-0700z

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 Lastnight 0400-0700z
From: Steven Raas <sjraas@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 12:30:50 -0500
A short sum up from my end, Im new to TB.. I have rookie written all over
me. Anyways, between 0400-0700 z I worked many EU stations 95%
new countries for me. All sigs were arm chair copy with few exceptions.
Running 100w to an 80m Inv L  with an extra 64' or wire on the end and bent
up to fit in my city lot (35x45') 23 radials no longer than 60' with the
shortest radial near 15' long and in a pattern from
340deg-65deg azimuth, 30' vertical, 40' horizontal, then a 90 deg turn for
25 feet or so, and then another 90 deg bend for 38 or so feet)  No rx
antenna. All the effort I put into getting on TB, last night alone made it
worth it. I dont know where everyone was (NA stations) I was very pleased
to say that I did not have to fight pile-ups.. most stations were 1 or 2
calls and logged. Perhaps they were there, and just letting the new guys
work the DX, I dont know.. but if that was the case THANK YOU!
I probably could have worked more, but I try to record all DX qso's and
then e-mail that mp3 file to the dx station as a gesture of appreciation
for the time they took to pull me out ( I know im in the noise floor )

All in all 8 new DXCC, , all on CW.. I abandoned JT65 @ 1838 when I heard
the cw sigs come rolling in.

73,

-Steve Raas