Re: Topband: Another good LP day on Top

To: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Another good LP day on Top
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:53:18 -0500
  Jon, you're only about 300 miles NE of me, and things weren't that
good here.  I did hear KH2/N2NL via the LP here, but he was tough copy
with deep QSB.  I kept switching between north and south, but he was
consistently stronger from the south.  I did work VK3IO, but he was not
great copy and, again, QSB was deep.

I briefly heard XU7ACY via SP, but it was only for a short period.  I
continued to listen for quite some time, but he never became copyable.
OTOH, there were many calling and working him from the NE and SE.
Similarly, I briefly heard DU1IST, but not a peep from BU2AQ  or DU1/JJ5GMJ.

OTOH, the signals from Europe around 0400-0600Z were the loudest I've
heard all season.  There were many real S8 sigs, especially from
DL-land.  OM2XW was a real S9 here at times, and the band sounded like
20M until about 0600Z.

Let's hope that the weekend brings more Asian activity during these good
conditions.  Now, I have a good reason to stay up all night on Saturday.
:-)

73, Joe
K2XX