Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF, etc....

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF, etc....
From: n0ah.ham Paul Veal <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 15:08:14 -0700
I think I speak for many when the real issue is adjacent digital QRM at or near
the edge of 1.835MHz.  There is much less CW from 1.840MHz-1.850Mhz. If antenna
tuning issues are the main problem, why not just move up outside the band edge
of 1.840Mhz??

I have a real problem with digital operators who ignore our presence near or
around 1.838MHz and just blindly transmit where stations are listening.  I
really appreciate the nature of a lot of the informative posts from JT65
operators on this matter, but are we just not discussing moving up 3 KHz from
1.838Mhz?

73

paul  N0AH
DM79nn