Re: Topband: CABLE AND CONNECTORS

To: "Bill and Liz McHugh" <magoo@isp.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CABLE AND CONNECTORS
From: "chacuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 12:58:48 -0600
Times LMR-400 is an RG-213 equivilent.  PL-259's can be put on both and will
need to be properly done.  (no folding back the braid and screwing them
on..not wild about the new fangled crimping device either)  Silver plated
connecters are much easier to install when it comes to soldering the braid
properly.

Times also makes a direct burial version of the LMR-400 ending with a "DB"
designation.  It has a flooded braid that will inhibit moisture intrusion
should the jacket be nicked.  Not really much harder to put connectors on
either.  Clean the stripped braided end with some good electronic cleaner or
alcohol and it should be good to go.

Cecil
K5DL