Topband: Xtal Filter

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Xtal Filter
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 21:19:29 -0800
Tried it a few years ago as an experiment.  Broke the antenna coax center
lead and inserted the crystal. Worked great on one frequency. Would have
been even sharper with a crystal holder capacitance balancing circuit like
communications receiver xtal filters of the early years.  One heck of a
roofing filter for one frequency only.  Now if someone had a switchable
crystal for every 160 meter frequency.

73
Bruce-K1FZ

> I believe there is a 1825 KHZ xtal filter sell somewhere, can any body
> share their experience about put a narrow XTAL filter in front of their
> recv ? (CW works only)

> Ir Moeh AntonHendra

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK