Re: Topband: 4 sq receive and high power

To: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>, "Ignacy Misztal" <no9e@arrl.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 4 sq receive and high power
From: "David Raymond" <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 21:04:59 -0600
I have been involved with beta testing for the Hi-Z 4 and Hi-Z 8 arrays.
The testing involved two different sites with Hi-Z 4,  Hi-Z 8 (160 version),
and Hi-Z 8 (80) arrays.  The majority of my testing involved performance
evaluation with very low signal levels in a very low noise environment.
Testing involved the standard antenna amps as well as the new Plus6 amps
(the Plus6 performance is quite good).  Coincidentally I have found the Hi-Z
systems to be robust with regard to avoiding damage due to reasonably high
RF exposure (from TX antennas) as well as not passing through excessive RF
to the rig receive port when under those conditions.

73. . .Dave
W0FLS