Re: Topband: Hi-Pass filter for 160 to reject BC Band

To: k8gg@voyager.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Hi-Pass filter for 160 to reject BC Band
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:33:39 -0500
On 2012-01-08, at 11:17 AM, k8gg@voyager.net wrote:

> Charlie, W0CD, found he could spread a coil or remove a turn to "customize"
> the rejection for local stations.  Although we do not have an actual
> filter-response curve, we were able to move F4 up to 1400 KHz to nul a
> local broadcast station just over a mile from my QTH, which seemed to also
> move the start of the attenuation closer to 1.8 MHz.

Hi George,

I'm curious as to how the results might compare, if one were to simply place a
series-connected coil & capacitor wave trap (resonant to the BC station's
frequency, of course) to ground at the receiver input...? Was that tried prior
to the inclusion of the high-pass filter?

The wave trap could be made even more effective if one were to place a second
parallel-tuned trap in series with the antenna lead, and installed between the
receiver & the series-tuned trap...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK