Topband: Extending MFJ-1026 phase range

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Extending MFJ-1026 phase range
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:32:33 -0500
One final thing. I promise to shut up after this.

My next project is to do the W8JI mods on my MFJ-1026.

Has anyone tried extending the phase range of the MFJ-1025/1026 by
adding a capacitor in the phasing network as W8JI suggests? I would
be interested in specifics (capacitor value) and results.

Swapping the inputs is useless in my situation. I need to to keep
the aux antenna very small and therefore need to keep the MFJ-1026
built-in preamp on the aux antenna.

73,
Paul N1BUG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK