Topband: Announcing the 160m Band Utilization Chart - 26 Jan 2012

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Announcing the 160m Band Utilization Chart - 26 Jan 2012
From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:29:44 +0000
Announcing the 160m Band Utilization Chart - 26 Jan 2012, at:

   http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/160m_band_utilization.htm

The "160m Band Utilization Chart" is exactly that. It is not a
"bandplan", nor even an "unofficial bandplan". Rather, it is an attempt
to graphically portray the modes that are actually in use on 160m today.

The chart does not tell you where people *should* operate. It tells you
where people actually *do* operate.

Although the essence of the chart is to show actual use of the band, the
bandplans for each of the three IARU Regions are also included for
reference, as they differ significantly in some respects between the
regions.

There is a clear distinction on the chart between dial frequencies and
emitted frequencies, helping you to accurately set the correct frequency
and to identify signals as they appear on the waterfall.

This release is very sparse, and I know it could do with improvement.
Please study it carefully, and if you spot any errors or omissions,
please let me know as soon as possible, to

mailto: g3nrw-radio@ntlworld.com

In particular, I would like to know details of any other digital
activity on the band (including MT63, Throb, Hell, Olivia, MFSK16 etc).

If you are interested in digital operation on 160, you should join the
new Top Band Digital Group (TBD160) to keep up to date with current
thinking:

And if your preference is for 30m operation, there is a similar chart
at:

Ian, G3NRW

The 160m Band Utilization Chart:
   http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/160m_band_utilization.htm