Re: Topband: T vert feed (Roy)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: T vert feed (Roy)
From: W9UCW@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:22:22 -0500 (EST)
Roy, you said:
<"Whaaat??? Where did that 1.7 ohm figure come  from....space?">

Three cheers for you!!! And for Jeff! I was beginning to think that
everyone was joining in a conspiracy of silence so that if a lot of  people
would
buy into the baseless prattle that has been going on for  months, there
would be less QRM on the band. If we can get lots more stations to  replace
their radials with a folded counterpoise, for instance, the level of
competition will drop off significantly.
For such a high degree of pontification to  exist, one would expect the
pontificators to have some understanding of how an  antenna works. There has
been little indication of that during this latest  thread of nattering.

My advice to myself is  follow a  couple simple precepts. First, only take
financial advice from rich people.  Second, only take antenna advice from
people with very loud signals. One of my  friends always reminds me "Do not
argue with an idiot... he will drag you down  to his level and beat you with
experience."
73, Barry

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK