Re: Topband: 2Wire, Inc. 3800HGV-B Gateway. RFI --Problem fixed for now…

Subject: Re: Topband: 2Wire, Inc. 3800HGV-B Gateway. RFI --Problem fixed for now….
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 21:29:06 -0800
On 2/3/2012 9:09 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
> The guy thinks that bending and semi crushing the
> CAT5 twisted pairs, messes up the twists.

That makes sense, and is what I was talking about.  It's a well known
issue with garden variety CAT5/6 cables.  But it would likely be solved
by using a better grade of CAT6/7, like Belden Mediatwist. It does (at
least) two things that resist deformation -- first, each pair is molded
together. Second, the cable has an unusual cross-section construction.
Belden does the pair molding on their lower cost CAT5/6 cables too, but
not the unusual cross section, which I would guess gets halfway there. .

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK