Re: Topband: ARRL CW DX test

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL CW DX test
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:19:40 -0800
On 2/22/2012 8:51 AM, Craig Clark wrote:
> Our 160 station was on 160 and 15 and both bands had receiving problems.

I'm assuming that you were at the house on the hill that Noah owns with
a group. I operated from there a year or so ago, and helped string a
Beverage along the road running down into Rincon. It worked pretty well,
BUT -- one of the MPs that was there was very low on RX gain, and when
used with that radio was pretty deaf on 160M.  After the contest, I gave
Noah a detailed rundown of the problem.

I worked you, but it wasn't easy.  I also worked K4BAI from there about
six months ago.  BTW -- I still need a 160M card (or LOTW Q) from PJ4.

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK