Re: Topband: Need advice for K3 and RX BC AM

To: <yc0low@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Need advice for K3 and RX BC AM
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:45:46 +0000
The K3 sensitivity falls off severely below 160 meters.  But if you have the IF
option (KXV3)
which provides a receive antenna port it does not have the filtering, and there
is plenty
of sensitivity over the whole band (0.5-1.7 MHz).  The KXV3 is very useful for
160 meter
use as it allows use of a Beverage.
You should be able to make your signal level/readability tests without a
seoarate AM
filter.  I just checked on my K3 and sensitivity falls off very fast below 1.6
MHz.

Rick  K2XT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK