Re: Topband: Fw: Deterring Critters was:Re: How Good is Good Enough?

To: ZR <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Deterring Critters was:Re: How Good is Good Enough?
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:09:40 -0400
> But you want it insulated. Id suggest #18 Copperweld with a PVC lacket. A
> PITA to unravel and hold in place but should be up to the task.

The stuff the telephone company uses for drops here is 2 x #18
copperweld with very thick insulation (not sure what material). It
is made like zip cord and is easily separated into two single
insulated conductors. It can sometimes be had for free if you look
around. 25 years ago I used the stuff to make my first BOG. It was
cut in several places by neighborhood kids, but when cleaning up my
property and laying radials 2 years ago I pulled up the sections of
it. There had been no critter damage over the years.

Paul
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK