Topband: Delaware report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Delaware report
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:58:21 -0400
After a long dry spell we had a nice JA opening this morning, with five
in the log from 1042-1053z. Signals were strong and peaking on the
direct path (NNW). This was our best JA "run" of the season.

Best RX antenna was a pair of broadside phased Beverages, 935 feet long
spaced 175 feet, aimed at 320 degrees, but also heard on the NW 3-el.
vertical TX array and other Beverages.

VY2ZM and others had commented earlier in the morning that JA signals
were coming in from the S/SSW path, and I had been beaming and listening
in that direction when the first JA called in, but quickly determined
the direct path was best.

Last JA in the log was Jan. 3 and last Far East was BU2AQ on Jan. 12.

VK6GX also called in at 1054z, ending the JA run. Phil's signal was
weaker than the JAs.

Sunrise here today was 1114z, but I had to QRT a few minutes before then.

73/Jon AA1K
www.aa1k.us
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK