Re: Topband: July Stew Perry Please!!!!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: July Stew Perry Please!!!!
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 07:55:09 -0600
On 03/17/2012 07:44 AM, Herb Schoenbohm wrote:
> Please no!  Let the Stew be the Stew. It is the best and fairest TB
> contest ever devised by mankind.  I wouldn't mind if we had one every
> month especially at the summer solstice,  vernal and autumnal equinox
> when those in the southern hemisphere could have even more kick.  Plus
> the IARU has those nonsense QTC's which would be totally inappropriate
> for TB DXing.

No, the IARU HF contest does NOT have QTC's. You are confusing it with the WAE
contest.

The IARU exchange is 59(9) + ITU Zone. The ITU zones are smaller than the CQWW
zones, and would provide a good distance-based mapping. See
http://www4.plala.or.jp/nomrax/ITU/index.html for a map of the ITU zones.

73,
Steve, N2IC

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK