Re: Topband: It is not so much propagation

To: w7dra@juno.com
Subject: Re: Topband: It is not so much propagation
From: w7dra@juno.com
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:45:47 -0700
 need a Beverage? hearing a station just above the noise?

there is a VE3 i hear at 0200z at 559 and have to wait until 1000z when
he is 589, in order to work him.

you  guys who never work QRP, when is the last time you have called the
same station 200 times in a CQWW contest? and never work him............

mike ol' 6V6 final w7dra

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:55:43 -0700 w7dra@juno.com write

> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:55:11 -0700 (PDT) "Jim F."
> <j_fitton@yahoo.com>
> writes:
> > QRPers generally do not need Beverages as much as other stations
> > do.
> >
> > Think about that one for awhile.
> >
> > jim / W1FMR
>
> remember a couple of years ago in the CQWW when i went head to head
> with
> K7SS who lives on the same cliff 10 miles north of me; my 1953 era
> station against his 2011 era station
>
> 5 watts is 5 watts we worked the same stations
>
> beverages, roofing filters (come to think of it i need a new roof on
> my
> radio cabin) computer aided software, multiple VFOs, internet
> operating
> assistance be damned
>
> 5 watts is 5 watts
>
> mike w7dra

> The New &#34;Skinny&#34; Fruit
> How This Strange 62-Cent African Fruit Is Making Americans Skinny.
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4f67ab8695e95262c5a8st02vuc

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK