Re: Topband: A25KW Botswana

To: Ve7mid <ve7mid@telus.net>, "Topband@contesting.com" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: A25KW Botswana
From: Raoul Coetzee <raoulcoetzee@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 23:55:07 -0700 (PDT)
I think it may be a combination of factors.

We had some geomagnetic storms in that period that might have effected you, I
have found that this time of the year is not really good to EU, although I was
heard last night in EU
with 300 watts on 160m.The night before nobody could hear me.

I have never used a FCP, so cannot comment on that but I would have preferred a
lot of ground radials for 160m.

Best time for EU from down South here would be closer to midnight and not the
mutual grey line on 160m at least!
On the other hand, on 160m it seems the best time to NA is about 30min before
our sunrise but in many cases they can be worked sooner,
DX  160m and 80 can be a challenge down here this time of the year.

Maybe next time!
73 Raoul ZS1REC