Re: Topband: Monopole Radiation Patterns, takeoff angles etc

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Monopole Radiation Patterns, takeoff angles etc
From: W2XJ <w2xj@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 23:20:48 -0400

Having worked in the business over 54 years with LW MW and SW
transmission systems up to 2 megawatts and having built numerous MW
arrays to 12 towers I would respectfully suggest a quick check of
fundamental broadcast history. Google is your friend.

BTW most early stations broadcast from rooftops, not mountain tops,
  and some diamond towers (Blau Knox) are still in service at legendary
stations.