Re: Topband: Using CAT5 in place of coax (was video baluns)

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Using CAT5 in place of coax (was video baluns)
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 19:17:58 -0500
That's exactly what I was thinking. 1000' foot spools of flooded Commscope
RG-6 are well under $100 shipped, last time I bought some off eBay. That's
what I feed my Beverages with.

Having said that, I think it would be interesting to experiment with some
CAT5/6 sometime, just for the fun of it. :-)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Rick Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>wrote:

> I did some careful measurements of CAT5 cable ...  The cable is fairly
> lossy, which is no surprise given the tiny wires.  There doesn't seem to be
> any compelling reason to use it in place of RG-6.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK