Re: Topband: 706T on 160 and 80

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 706T on 160 and 80
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 16:17:00 -0400
On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net> wrote:

> George,  My 80 meter CW from 05/11 at 00:21 just appeared on the on line
> log at 7O6T.

After holding my breath for a day and a half, I was happy to see my 80 CW
QSO appear on the log.  Now for 160.  I can't believe that I snoozed
through the good opening a few nights ago.

Last night seems to have been a wash out for almost everyone.  Hopefully we
will get a few more good openings now that Jeff, K1ZM and David, WD5COV are
on site.

Even if I don't manage to work them on 160, my main complaint isn't with
their operating but with the miserable clods who can't resist transmitting
on their frequency.  A special place must be reserved in radio hell for
those who tune up on frequency.  Almost as annoying are those who insist on
sending just a dit or two on their frequency when I've got my headphones on
and the AF gain turned way up.  It's like someone just slapped me on my
ears!  I won't even mention the cretins who send "up, up, up, up,
up,........,up" thereby managing to QRM a couple of QSOs before they have
vented their spleen.

Enough grousing.  8*)     We can always hope for better conditions and
better behavior tonight.

Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive
BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com