Re: Topband: 160m Folded Counterpoise White Paper

To: "'W0UCE'" <w0uce@nc.rr.com>, "'topband reflector'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Folded Counterpoise White Paper
From: "DL2OBO \( Carsten-Thomas Dauer\)" <dl2obo@dl2obo.de>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 01:41:48 +0200
Hi all

I will replace the 4 elevated radials with an FCP on my (single) 160m base
loaded (27m)  vertical soon......  ( mentioning this to be on-topic   :-)
)

I have uploaded some pictures, links and info on my installed 80m 4square
using FCP (folded counterpoise ( radial))

http://www.dl2obo.de/04_square_info/4_square_info.html

Thanks to K2AV. He finally found the solution for my "radial problem".
I started building the 4 square 1996 with the help of G0NVD, always having
problem with the elevated radials carrying different current due to
coupling.
If you can not install plenty of ground radials or pairs of elevated radials
that cancel their radiation themselve, the FCP is a very good invention.

Guy & Jack, I owe you a few beers!

73 Tom  www.dl2obo.de