Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Two wire Beverage Question
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:47:06 -0500
I don't think the length is the reason that you're not hearing any signals
or noise in the reverse direction. How well does it work on 40 in the
forward direction?

I don't know all the details of what you have there (and what you've
tried). But the first thing that came to mind is that the reflection
transformer (and/or other transformers) may not be the correct impedance
ratio, and so the antenna has standing waves (it should be flat and
non-resonant.) What is the ratio of the reflection transformer? For 145 ohm
line 10' high, it should be ~3.3:1.

73, Mike
http://www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net> wrote:

> ... A possible reason why the two WD1-A does not work in the reverse
> direction on 40 meters, but works well on 160 and 80 could be that it is to
> long for 40.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK