Topband: Receiving loops

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Receiving loops
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 09:58:36 -0700
Tim,
Your receiving antennas may be picking up re-radiation, of noise and
signals, from the transmitting antenna.  Try detuning the TX antenna while
receiving.  (If best receiving on the loop is with the null toward the TX
antenna, it is a indication.)
73
Bruce-K1FZ

 I have tried pennants and K9AY's over the winter with little success.
Compared to my transmitting antenna (A "T" with a poor radial system) most
signals were still better, S/N wise, on my transmitting antenna. I feel like
I must've been doing something wrong. Still the fact that a few signals came
in on the loop with by ear much better S/N, maybe I was on the right track
and just didn't try hard enough.
 Tim N3QE

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK