Re: Topband: QRP and Bird 43 Watt meter help

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QRP and Bird 43 Watt meter help
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 12:32:08 -0400
> There are lower wattage slugs but for a much higher frequency range.
> The 250H range is 2 to 30 mhz 160M is not quite covered but I think
> is ok.

Bird make HF (H) elements at 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2500,
5000 and 10000 Watts.  Finding the 5, 10, or 25 Watt elements new may
be a trick as they are only produced infrequently.  Several resellers
have used elements in some of those ranges.  RF Parts and RadioDan
stock new elements.

A Google search for "Bird Elements" will generate leads on sources for
both new and used elements.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 6/30/2012 12:11 PM, Jim WA9YSD wrote:
> Any one out there using a Bird 43 for measuring out put power for QRP?
> I have a 250H element for HF.  Should I get the 50H element for HF?
> I have a Ten-Tec Omni VI Plus Power turned down to minimum. with the 250H
> slug I measure 5 watts, first mark from the bottom of scale.  Not very
> accurate or is it?
> There are lower wattage slugs but for a much higher frequency range.
> The 250H range is 2 to 30 mhz 160M is not quite covered but I think is ok.
>
> Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith.    Jim K9TF/WA9YSD

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK