Re: Topband: Spark Gaps..

To: "160 reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Spark Gaps..
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:18:03 -0400 (EDT)
Trailer hitch balls should work fine as a lightning arrestor.  Typically a
trailer hitch ball has spherical sides and a flat top.  The two balls should be
oriented so they the spherical surfaces are side-by-side and so that rain water
and debris cannot bridge them. Ideally they should be shielded from rain and
insects.  The gap should be adjustable, and it should be set to about the
thickness of a credit card (1 to 2 mm).

73
Frank
W3LPL