Re: Topband: opinion

To: Bruce <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: opinion
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 13:59:45 -0400
The problem was that the Ptolemyic concept of a Geo- Centric universe
worked for some basic navigational functions, was universally excepted
and became part of  religious doctrine.  Anyone who promoted "truth" of
a HelioCentric Universe whether it was  Galileo, Copernicus and even
later Kepler were condemmed by the chruch.  It was the decision of
theologians or the state or the church state that called the shots on
science.  What this did was suppressed advances for a while. Even today
we have the impact in our economic survival due to the doxology of
AlGore on "climate change" or man-made climate change.  Dr. Edward Gray
from Bolder was essential drummed out of the very accurate Univ. of
Colorado hurricane prediction service for even questioning the new
theology of a political control over climate and people as having any
significant merit, except for the empowerment of politicians who are
engaged in dogma.  Why is it always the contrarian views always get in
the way of new ideas and punish those who express them.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

On 8/3/2012 3:26 PM, Bruce wrote:
> It's a balance.  Even a correct new idea sometimes takes it "in the neck" so
> to speak.  Think of all the crap the first  guy took from those that said the
> sun was circling the earth. After all you could see it for half of the circle.
>
> We have to believe what we know is correct, but have an open mind to new
> ideas.
>
> 73
> Bruce

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK