Topband: 160m from 5X

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m from 5X
From: "Nick Henwood" <nick@henwood.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:24:14 +0100
I have been v QRV from 5X in past 5 years. Returning this Oct for 8 weeks and
considering how best to get 160 on the air as it is the only band I have not
worked and reckon there must be un-met need!
I go to work (pro bono) at a community university so not a dxpedition but solo
so plenty of time to get on the air. I carry all my gear with me.
I am looking for help/advice in erecting a simple antenna which you guys can
hear!  I have access to roach poles (30 footers) and can get max height of
about 50 feet. No high trees locally and insufficent room for beverage
antennas. Contemplating a 50 ft vertical with capacity top loading and some
induction at the feed point. I will get grounding as good as possible within
local constraints(small site, vehicles near the house etc). What do you think?
Grateful for advice on antennas. I would only work CW - lots of experience on
HF (110k QSOs from 5X on the other bands) but novice on 160 dx - advice
(polite) also invited on operating.
73 Nick G3RWF/5X1NH
PS Yes, I use LOTW
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK