Re: Topband: DX Window

To: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Window
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:26:44 -0400
On 2012-08-31, at 10:12 AM, Hardy Landskov wrote:

> This is the reason I don't contest on 160 anymore. No DX window and endless
> CQ machines turn the band into just a trashy mess.

Hi Guys,

While my humble station & mediocre efforts in the various Topband contests
hardly matter much, I try & make it a point to stay off of those "window
frequencies", unless I'm responding directly to a DX station that I might hear
thereon...

It annoys me---for all the old & passe reasons, I guess!---to hear North
American CQ Test powerhouse machines cranking endlessly away, atop both DX &
domestic stations in the segment struggling to work one another. There's plenty
of space to "park & bark" elsewhere on the band, irregardless of the 5-KHz wide
"sacrifice", IMHO...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK