Re: Topband: Airports

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Airports
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:37:29 -0400
There has been a private grass strip at the farm that stretches about 250 acres from directly behind me to almost 3/4 miles down the road.

When I first put up the 160' tower which is about 450' from the property line they raised the roof to the town, CAA, FAA, FCC and anyone else that would listen. All came to look and listen and hear both sides and walked away never to return. When they told the FAA that they did their turn right over where my house and tower is the inspector just looked and said "make the turn further out". When they said that all their friends were used to that turn he said "write them a letter". Privately I told them if they were that low over my house they best be able to dodge lead. They were coming over at about 100'.

They were also incensed that I didnt get a building permit or ask for their permision, neither of which was required. When I had storm damage to the top section and went to 180' they didnt say a word.

Thats long past and we are all friendly these days.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>