Re: Topband: elevated radial symetry and layout

To: "David Novoa, W4DN" <dnovoa@bellsouth.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: elevated radial symetry and layout
From: "Jeff Blaine" <jeff@ac0c.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:02:46 -0500
Gentlemen, thanks for the offline comments.

And yes, I do understand and agree that more radials leads to less individual radial dependence. NL's QEX articles show that in the graphs which is very interesting. And also that a ground mounted screen is less sensitive yet.

The current install is a temporary setup just to carry through this contest season and into next year when I can get the tree work done to clear the final resting place. So 4 is the magic number. And the question is how to lay out those few to get the best overall symmetrical pattern among the 4 verticals in the array.

Sorry for the confusion.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie